Steel Security Doors & Grilles
All of our steel doors are manufactured here in Melbourne where they fully welded and custom made to fit your home beautifully.
The SteelView comes standard with a choice of premium mesh. You can choose from Marine Grade Stainless Steel mesh, VisionGuard (Security Grade privacy mesh) or Security Grade Perforated mesh.
Our Steel Doors can be optioned up to include the following (and more):
- Premium mesh upgrade (standard on the SteelView).
- Full steel door jambs for added strength or to assist in fitting the door to your current opening.
- Slimline steel door jamb for added strength without being highly visible.
The Heritage Range is a large range with lots of styles to help you identify what you are looking for. We then tailor the design to suit the detail of your main door and can modify any detail. Timber work and other options are often requested for period homes.
Our Classic Range is quite varied, we can modify any of these to suit your needs. The Rosehill can align with the detail of a French Door, the Abby and Deacon can be made to match a 4-Panel door’s geometry.
Our Steel Doors can be optioned to include the following (and more):
- Upgrade to a Premium mesh.
- Add a triple lock.
- Add a lock side steel jamb or a full steel jamb.
- Add custom handles.
- Add an anti-jemmy strip.
Steel doors have always been traditional. Our Traditional Range has a variety of styles that befits a period home. Not quite as ornate as the Victorian Range, but plenty of ideas to work with.
Use the quote request form to select styles, cost various options, send photos and ask questions.
The Victorian Range contains a selection of beautiful designs with lots of feature detail. Spear types can be customised to match a fence or veranda lacework. Ornate handles can be incorporated into any door, but they look very much at home on this range of doors. We are very experienced with working with period homes and can expertly manufacture and fit one of our doors to make it look like its always been there. We can even source elaborate timber architrave profiles to help create that seamless look.
Art Deco & Custom Range
The Manhattan is a very popular door for Art Deco homes, or you can use the Manhattan as a foundation for your own design. You can change the thickness of the features, change the spacings or add some features.
Use the Request a Quote form to get the ball rolling on a custom door or window design. We are happy to assist at any stage of your design journey.
The BARTEL difference:
- We hand make and manufacture all our doors.
- We custom measure your doorway to match to any structural needs and existing door features.
- We use 3 x 85mm fixed pin security steel hinges (on our heavier doors doors we use 4 of these hinges).
- We use quality Australian made steel.
- Quality Lockwood 8654 security door locks on all hinged doors (unless a custom lock is requested).
- Quality Assa Abloy made 5-pin lock barrels.
- We can key your new door(s) to match your existing locks (Gainsborough and Lockwood style locks). This is a complementary service.
- T316 marine grade stainless woven wire used (when applicable).
- All steel doors are zinc plated for optimum rust protection.
- Powder coated in 80+ Dulux colour options.
- We use steel strips (not aluminium) to fasten the mesh to the door (also zinc plated).
- Our doors go through a 5 step sanding process to give a superior finish.
- Our doors also have a steel kick plate at the bottom to give the wire added protection against accidental knocks and kicks (Kick plate can be optioned off the door if desired).
- Bug strip at the bottom of our doors helps stop leaves and bugs getting under the door.
- Colour matched handles (Ever Brass, Chrome and custom handles are also available).
- Austral premium door closers.